This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Luas Optimal Kawasan Hutan dari Fungsi Ekonomi Hutan Serbaguna
Corresponding Author(s) : Prof. Wahyu Andayani
Jurnal Ilmu Kehutanan,
Vol 16 No 1 (2022): Maret
The multi-function forests establishment is an appropriate solution for the paradigm transition in forest management from timber management into ecosystem management. Inclusive economic and environmentally friendly business models become a necessity in forest management to ensure the sustainable functions of forests as life support systems. The multi-business in forestry regulated by Ministerial Decree -PerMen-LHK No.8/ 2021- is in line with the spirit of multi-function forests paradigm to increase forest lands productivity, not only timber but also non-timber forest products and environmental services. Although the government has formulated the multi-function forests development concept and its strategic plan several years ago, the forestry sector's contribution in economic valuation, such as national income (PDB—gross domestic product) and non-tax revenue (PNBP—non-tax state revenue) is relatively low. In this disruption era, this forest management transition becomes a necessity. The multi-function forests establishment could become a realistic management model to implement business diversification and innovation and optimize forestry competitiveness at each business level to accommodate social, economic, and environmental aspects of forest management.
- Andayani W, Septiana RM, Riyanto S, Supriyatno N. 2020. Strategy to improving community economic through on-farm agroforestry using community forestry scheme in KPH Yogyakarta. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 449, 012057. doi:10.1088/1755-1315/449/1/012057
- Bull G, Schwab O, Jayasinghe P. 2007. Economic indicators and their use in sustainable forest management. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 8(2).
- Butko G. 2021. Sustainable forest management as a basis for economic security. E3S Web of Conferences, 291. doi:10.1051/e3sconf/202129102031
- Henry M, et al. 2021. A multi-purpose national forest inventory in Bangladesh: design, operationalisation and key results. Forest Ecosystems 8(1). doi:10.1186/s40663-021-00284-1
- Houballah M, Mathias JD, Cordonnier T. 2021. An infrastructure perspective for enhancing multi-functionality of forests: a conceptual modeling approach. Earth’s Future 9(1). doi:10.1029/2019EF001369
- Posavec S, Keča L, Delić S, Stojanovska M, Malovrh ŠP. 2021. Comparative analysis of selected business indicators of state forest companies. Sumarski List 145:1–2. doi:10.31298/SL.145.1-2.1
- Sobey R. 2008. Bi Doup Nui Ba National Park management assessment with emphasis on collaborative management with neighbouring farmers.