As a peer-reviewed journal, this statement clarifies ethical conduct to all parties involved in manuscript publication Jurnal Ilmu Kehutanan, including the author(s), editors (editor-in chief and associate editor), and the peer-reviewers. This statement is relied on Practice Guidelines for publication as in Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE’s Best).
In general, all parties should:
- promote fairness and equality and oppose discrimination;
- promote the transparency of and respect for the academic record;
- respect the confidentiality of others;
- be transparent about real or apparent competing interests.
Authors should ensure that:
- their work is original and written by them;
- their work has not been previously published and has been submitted only to the journal where material is taken from other sources (including their own published writing); the source is clearly cited and that where appropriate permission is obtained;
- their work does not infringe on any rights of others, including privacy rights and intellectual property rights;
- their data is true and not manipulated;
- their data is their own or that they have permission to use data reproduced in their paper;
- any real or apparent conflicting or competing interest is clearly stated on submission of their paper (this would include funding assistance);
- they adhere to all research ethics guidelines of their discipline, particularly where human or animal subjects are involved;
- they contact the Editor to identify and correct any material errors upon discovery, whether prior or subsequent to publication of their work;
- authorship of the paper is accurately represented, including ensuring that all individuals credited as authors participated in the actual authorship of the work and that all who participated are credited and have given consent for publication.
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply login and begin the five-step process. Manuscript template can be seen here. Tutorial for submission adopted from BPP UGM (2021) is provided here.
- maintain the confidentiality of the review process;
- immediately alert their journal editor of any real or potential competing interest that could affect the impartiality of their reviewing and decline to review where appropriate;
- conduct themselves fairly and impartially.
Reviewer Guidelines is available here
- maintain and promote consistent ethical policies for their journals
- oversee and act to enforce those policies as needed in a fair and consistent manner
- ensure the confidentiality of the review process
- exercise the highest standards of personality integrity in their work as editor of the journal, recognizing and planning, for instances, where they could have a competing interest or the appearance of a competing interest
- work with authors, reviewers, and Editorial Board members as necessary to ensure they are sufficiently advised regarding their journals’ ethics and publishing policies and that the journal’s stewardship on ethical matters is fair, unbiased, and timely.