The written manuscript must be sent through submission online system of The Indonesian Journal of Pharmacology and Therapy. The following are the basic requirements for sending posts to Indonesian pharmacology journals:
1. Manuscript is the original work of the author
2. Never been published
3. Obtain approval from the ethics committee
Suggestions regarding the reviewer of written texts
In the written manuscript, the author should include at least 3 names of experts in the field of research relating to the research of the author along with the addresses of the experts (including email addresses). However, the decision of reviewer selection will be determined by the editorial meeting.
The Indonesian Journal of Pharmacology and Therapy publishes manuscripts in English. The editor invites the author to submit written texts in English.
Writing the manuscript
The manuscript must be typed neatly with the Times new Roman 12 font, double spaced in A4 format with a margin of 2.5 cm.
Type of writing
Indonesian Journal of Pharmacology and Therapy accepts written texts in the form of:
1. Original research article (maximum 25 sheets, 35 references),
2. Reviews (maximum 40 sheets, 100 references),
3. Case reports (maximum 10 sheets, 20 references).
Examples of printed scripts and reprints
A printed sample of a written text is sent to the author to obtain approval before publication. A printed copy of the written text is the final version of the writing, with the exception of typography and typographical errors, no changes will be made at this stage. The author is expected to correct the printed text of the manuscript and send it back to the editor within 1 week.
Preparation of written manuscripts
The following are instructions for writing manuscript:
a. The title of the written text and the names of the authors:
The title must be written briefly by describing the contents of the article. In the title sheet must also be included as complete as the author and the name of the institution where the author is affiliated. The name of the author responsible as a correspondent must be completed with an address, telephone number, fax and e-mail address.
All written texts must have an abstract of 200-300 words written in English and Indonesian. Abstracts must be written in simple language by outlining the purpose of the research, research methods, main findings and conclusions. Abstract must use numbering standards and avoid using abbreviations.
Keywords maximal 5 words and written at the end of the abstract.
Introduction must present a problem that is clearly raised by selecting a literature review that is appropriate to the subject of the research and propose an approach and solution to theproblem raised.
Materials and methods:
Materials and methods must be explained in detail so that research can be repeated. Previously published research procedures must be cited and important changes made must be briefly explained. Research involving human subjects and experimental animals must obtain the approval of the ethics commission and state the existence of the agreement clearly in the written text. The editor may request the approval document as verification.
Results must be written clearly and in detail and can explain the results without reference to previous references. The results must state the original and main findings of the study. Presentation of results should be supported by images and tables, however the presentation of images and tables must be limited. Detailed discussions, speculations and interpretations of data should not be included in the results chapter, but are included in the discussion chapter.
Discussion contains an explanation of the research findings based on the results obtained according to the background of existing knowledge. The discussion must highlight the new things in the study. The assumptions used to make conclusions must be clearly stated.
The conclusion is written in several sentences at the end of the writing.
Acknowledgement must be written at the end of the text and before the reference. Acknowledgement can be addressed on the basis of technical assistance, financial support and advice.
Tables should be designed minimally and as simply as possible. Each table should be numbered according to the Arabic sequence number, title and legend. Tables must be able to explain the results of the study without having to refer to the writing.
Images must be numbered in sequence with Arabic numbering. Graphs must be made using an application that can produce power point, JPEG, TIFF or GIF files in high resolution before being transferred to the written text in word form files. Images must be made so that they are easy to understand without having to read the text. The use of symbols in images must be appropriate and given explanation in the legend. Graphs may not duplicate data that has been presented in the table. Titles and comments from images and photos are placed in a separate place using MS word.
The use of reference is limited to the last 10 years. The bibliography is numbered in sequence according to what is stated in the writing. The serial number of the bibliography is listed according to the Arabic sequence number written after the last letter of the sentence with a lowercase letter above. The number must still be used even though the author's name has been mentioned in the text. The initial number that refers to the bibliography is always used every time the bibliography is quoted in writing, regardless of the previous number in the writing. As an example:
………… has been reported1 ………
………… based on Sardjito2 ……… ..
………… Winstein& Swartz3 did ...
………… by Avon et al.4 ……….
The authors are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the reference. The reference is sorted by number (Vancouver style) at the end of the writing and in the same order as the one quoted in the text. In quoting bibliography with authors less than or equal to six people, all authors must be included. When authors number seven or more, only the first six authors are listed and followed by et al. The name of the journal is short based on the Index Medicus and the Index of Indonesia Learned Periodicals (PDIN 1974). Reference of journal articles, books, chapters in books, theses, etc., are sorted according to those listed in the reference example.
1. Standard journal manuscript
- You CH, Lee KY, Chey RY, Menguy R. Electrographic study of patients with unexplained nausea, bloating and vomiting. Gastroenterology 1980; 79 (2): 311-14.
- Goate AM, Haynes AR, Owen MJ, Farral M, James LA, Lai LY, et al. Predisposing locus for Alzheimer's disease on chromosome 21. Lancet 1989; 1: 352-55.
- Organizations as authors
The Royal Marsden Hospital Bone-marrow Transplantation. Team. Failure of syngeneic bone marrow graft without preconditioning in post-hepatitis marrow aplasia. 1977 Lancet; 2: 742-44.
- The author is not mentioned
Coffee drinking and cancer of the pancreas [editorial]. BMJ 1981; 283-628.
- Articles are not in English
Massone L, Borghi S, Pestarino A, Piccini R, Gambini C. Localisations of palmairespurpuriques de la dermatiteherpetiforme. Ann DermatolVenereol 1987; 114: 1545-47.
- Volume with supplements
Magni F, Rossoni G, Berti F, BN-52021 protects guinea-pig from heart anaphylaxis. Pharmacol Res Commun 1988; 20 Suppl 5: 75-78.
- Issue with supplements
Gardos G, Cole JO, Haskell D, Marby D, Paine SS, Moore P. The natural history of tardive dyskinesia. J ClinPsychopharmacol 1988; 8 (4 Suppl): 31S-37S.
- Volume with parts
Hanly C. Metaphysics and innateness: a psychoanalytic perspective. Int J Psychoanal 1988; 69 (Pt 3): 389-99.
- Issue with section
Edwards L, Meyskens F, Levine N. Effect of oral isotretinoin on dysplastic nevi. J Am AcadDermatol 1989; 20 (2 Pt 1): 257-60.
- Issue not with volume
Baumeister AA. Origins and control of stereotyped move¬ments.Monogr Am AssocMentDefic 1978; (3): 353-84.
- Not an issue or volume
Danoek K. Skiing in and through the history of medicine. Nord MidicinhistArsb 1982; 86-100.
- Use of number in Roman numbers
Ronne Y. Ansvarfall. Bloodtransfusion till fel patients.Vard-facket 1989; 13: XXVI-XXVII.
- The type of article is listed as needed.
- Spargo PM, Manners JM, DDAVP and open heart surgery [letter]. Anesthesia 1989; 44: 363-64.
- Fuhrman SA, Train Joiner. Binding of the third component of complement C3 by Toxoplasma gondii [abstract].Clin Res 1987; 35: 475A.
- Articles containing retraction
Shishido A. Retraction notice: Effect of platinum compounds on murine lymphocyte mitogenesis [Retraction of Alsabti EA, Ghalib ON, Salem MH. In: Jpn J Med SciBiol 1979; 32: 53-65). Jpn J Med SciBiol 1980; 33: 235-37.
- Articles retracted
Alsabti EA, Ghalib ON, SalemMh. Effect of platinum compounds on murine lymphocyte mitogenesis [Retracted by Shishido A. In: Jpn J Med SciBiol 1980; 33: 235-7]. Jpn J Med SciBiol 1979; 32: 53-65.
- Articles containing comments
Piccoli A, Bossatti A. Early steroid neuropathy therapy in IgA: still open question [comment]. Nephron 1989; 51: 289-91.
- Articles in comments
Kobayashi Y, Fujii K, Hiki Y, Tateno S, Kurokawa A, Kamiyama M. Steroid therapy in IgA nephropathy: a retrospective study in heavy proteinuric cases [see comments]. Nephron 1988; 48: 12-7. Comment in: Nephron 1989; 51: 289-91.
- Article with published erratum
Schofield A. The CAGE questionnaire and psychological health [published erratum appears in Br J Addict 1989; 84: 701]. Br J Addict 1988; 83: 761-64.
- Other :books and monographs
- Personal author (s): Colson JH, Armor WJ. Sports injuries and their treatment. 2nd rev. ed. London: S. Paul, 1986.
- Editor as the author: Diener HC, Wilkinson M, editors. Drug-induced headache. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1988.
- The organization as an author: Virginia Law Foundation. The medical and legal implication of AIDS. Charlottesville: The Foundation, 1987.
- Chapters in the book: Winstein L, Swartz MN. Pathologic properties of invading microorganisms. In: Sodeman WA Jr, Sodeman WA, editors. Pathologic Physiology, mechanisms of disease. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974: 457-72.
- Conference proceedings: Vivian VL, editor. Child abuse and neglect: a medical community response. Proceedings of the First AMA National Conference or Child Abuse and Neglect; 1984 Ma 30-31; Chicago. Chicago: American Medical Association, 1985.
- Conference writing: NH Harley. Comparing radon daughter dosimetric and risk models. In: Gammage RB, Kaye SV, editors. Indoor air and human health.Proceedings of the Seventh Life Sciences Symposium; 1984 Oct 29-31; Knoxville (TN). Chelsea (MI): Lewis, 1985: 69-78
- Scientific or technical reports:
- Akutsu T. Total heart replacement device. Bethesda (MD): National Institutes of Health. National Heart and Lung Institute; 1974 Apr. Report No.:NIH-NIHI-69-2185-4; Youssef NM's Dissertation.School adjustment of children with congenital heart disease [dissertation]. Pittsburg (PA): Univ. of Pittsburg, 1988.
- Dissertation: Kay JG. Intracellular cytokine trafficking and phagocytosis in macrophages [Dissertaiton]. St Lucia, Qld: University of Queensland; 2007
- Patents: Harred JF, Knight AR, McIntyre JS, Inventors.Dow Chemical Company, assignee.Epoxidation process. US patent 3,654,317, 1972 Apr 4.
- Other publication material:
- Newspaper Articles: Resberger B, Specter B. CFCs may be destroyed by natural processes. The Washington Post 1989 Aug 7; Sect. A: 2 (col. 5).
- Audiovisual materia: AIDS epidemic: the physician's role [videorecording]. Cleveland (OH): Academy of Medicine of Cleveland, 1987.
- Computer program: Renal system [computer program]. MS-DOS version. Edwardsville (KS): Medi-Sim, 1988.
- Official Material: Toxic Substances Control Act: Hearing on S. 776 Before the Subcomm. on the Environment of the Senate Comm. on Commerce, 94th Cong., 1st Sess. 343 (1975).
- Map: Scotland [topographic map]. Washington: National Geographic Society (US), 1981.
- Dictionary or Encyclopaedia: Ectasia. Dorland's illustrated medical dictionary. 27th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1988: 527.
- Classical Material: The Winter's Tale: act 5, scene I, lines 13-16. The complete works of William Shakespeare. London: Rex, 1973.
- In press: Lillywhite HB, Donald JA. Pulmonary blood flow regulation in an aquatic snake.Science.In press.
- Electronic Material
- Journal articles on the internet: Morse SS. Factors in the emergence of infectious diseases. Emerg Infect Dis [serial online] 1995 Jan-Mar [cited 1996 Jun 5]; 1 (1): [24 screens]. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/eid.htm
- Monographs in electronic format: CDI, clinical dermatology illustrated [monograph on CD-ROM]. Reeves JRT, Maibach H. CMEA Multimedia Group, producers. 2nd ed. Version 2.0 San Diego: CMEA; 1995.
- Computer Program: Hemodynamics III: the ups and downs of hemodynamics [computer program].