About the Journal
Journal of Built Environment Studies (BEST) is a peer-reviewed journal created to the application of architecture theory, architectural history, sustainable built environment, urban design planning, and building structure. We receive national and international original research articles which are free of charge at this moment. The manuscript will be reviewed by independent national and international reviewers who are in their expert field.
Journal of BEST is published twice a year, in April and October, by the Department of Architecture and Planning, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Focus and Scope
We welcome contributors with manuscripts that cover topics including but not limited to:
1. History, theory, and critics in architecture
2. Architecture, urbanism, and tourism practices
3. Building structure and technology
4. Craftsmanship and local architecture
5. Parametric design and fabrication
6. Transportation planning
7. Settlements, housing, and neighbourhood planning
8. Urban planning and design
9. Regional and rural planning
Online ISSN: 2746-9069
Print ISSN: 2746-9077