The Influence of Marketing Innovation to Room Purchase Decision during Pandemic Covid-19 in Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort

I Gusti Agung Gede Witarsana(1*)

(1) Politeknik Pariwisata Bali
(*) Corresponding Author


The Covid-19 pandemic has created unprecedented business changes and has significantly impacted the tourism sector. Hotels began to carry out adaptive capabilities and create improvements through innovative practices to maintain the company's viability by focusing on market changes and taking advantage of potential market share. In the light of this phenomenon, this study aims to determine the effect of marketing innovation on room purchasing decisions at Anantara Hotel Uluwatu Bali Resort. Data collection techniques used in this study were documentation, interviews, and questionnaires. Purposive sampling is used by taking responses of 50 people. In addition, this study used simple linear regression analysis techniques, t-test, and coefficient of determination (R2).Based on the simple linear regression analysis result produces the equation Y = 0.001 + 1.027 X. The t-test points out that the t-value of 13,870 is greater than the t-table of 1.98472. Similarly, the t-test results in the t-calculation of 11.888, which is greater than the t-table of 2.011. The coefficient of determination test produces an R2 value of 0.746, meaning that marketing innovation (X) affects 74.6% of the room purchase decision (Y). In comparison, the remaining 25.4% is explained by other variables not discussed in this study. Hence, result it is found that marketing innovation positively affects room purchasing decisions.


Marketing Innovation, Purchase Decision, and The Covid-19 Pandemic

Full Text:



Andrews, J., & Smith, D. C. (1996). In Search of the Marketing Imagination: Factors Affecting the Creativity of Marketing Programs for Mature Product. JMR, Journal of Marketing Research. doi:10.1177/002224379603300205

Badan Pusat Statistik Provinsi Bali. 2021. “Kunjungan Wisatawan Domestik ke Bali per Bulan, 2004-2020”.

Breier, Matthias., Kallmuenzer, Andreas., Clauss, Thomas., Gast, Johanna., Kraus, Sascha., Tiberius, Victor., (2021). “The role of business model innovation in the hospitality industry during the COVID-19 crisis”. International Journal of Hospitality Management.

Estrin, J. (2009). Closing the Innovation Gap: Reigniting the Spark of Creativity in a Global Economy. New York: McGraw-Hill. Creativity/dp/0071499873

Gurinova, Katerina., Ungerman, Otakar., dan Dedkora, Jaroslava. (2018). “The Impact of Marketing Innovation on The Competitiveness of Enterprises in The Context of Industry 4.0”. Journal of Competitiveness. Vol.10, No.2. Pp:132-148

Mahmoud, M. A., Hinson, R. E., & Anim, P. A. (2018). Service innovation and customer satisfaction: The role of customer value creation. European Journal of Innovation Management Training plans, manager's characteristics and innovation in the accommodation industry - ScienceDirect

Morissan. (2010). Komunikasi Pemasaran Terpadu Edisi Pertama. Jakarta: Kencana.

Nadda, Vipin., Arnott, Ian., (2019). Marketing Innovation in Tourism. International Journal of Hospitality Management.

Naidoo, Vikash. (2010). Firm survival through a crisis: The influence of market orientation, marketing innovation and business strategy. IndustrialMarketing Management 7

Nicolau, J. L., & Santa-María, M. J. (2013). The effect of innovation on hotel market value. International Journal of Hospitality Management. The effect of innovation on hotel market value - ScienceDirect

O’Dwyer, M., Gilmore, A., Carson, D. (2009). Innovative marketing in SMEs. European Journal of Marketing.

Olarte-Pascual, Mª. Cristina and Medrano-Sáez, Natalia. (2012). Marketing Innovation as an Opportunity in a Situation of Uncertainty: The Spanish Case. Department of Economics and Business Studies. University of La Rioja. Spain

Perhimpunan Hotel dan Restoran Indonesia (2020). “Informasi PHRI dan Dampaknya terhadap Covid-19”. Jakarta: Badan Pimpinan Pusat Perhimpunan Hotel & Restoran Indonesia an_dampaknya_terhadap_covid-19.pdf


Article Metrics

Abstract views : 586 | views : 601


  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2022 I Gusti Agung Gede Witarsana

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Jurnal Pariwisata Terapan is published by Sekolah Vokasi, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia with registered number ISSN 2580-1031 (Print) and ISSN 2580-104x (Online). This website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribute-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Built on the Public Knowledge Project's OJS

hit counter View My Stats =======